Join a tree planting bike ride to Langley Vale Wood in Epsom to help The Woodland Trust plant 10,000 native trees, including beech, rowan, hawthorn and oak.
There will be two bike rides for you to choose from:
- 24-25 Feb – Brighton to Langley Vale Wood: This will be a 6-7 hour bike ride with an overnight stay in Langley Vale.
The ride lead will be Si Brown (Ti)
Location: The Level
Meeting Time: 9:30am
- 25 Feb – London to Langley Vale Wood: This will be a 2-3 hour bike ride straight to the tree planting event.
The ride lead will be Hannah Short
Location: Clapham Common
Meeting Time: 8:30am
More information and ride leader contact details will be emailed to you once you’ve registered for a ride.
For those riding on Friday 24th Feb, you’ll finish the ride at Langley Vale Village Hall. We’ll have dinner and, if people are up for it, games!
Saturday morning will start with a hearty breakfast before everyone heads out to Langley Vale Wood. There we’ll meet the The Woodland Trust team who’ll supply tools and saplings from 10am-3pm.
This event will plant 10,000 trees. Eventually, the Woodland Trust aims to plant 200,000 trees at Langley Vale Wood.
The tree planting bike rides are not-for-profit. All the organisers donate their time for free.
- £5.00 – Evening meal & breakfast
- £5.00 – Accommodation
- £4.50 – Insurance & miscellaneous expenses
- £1 – PayPal, Credit or Debit card fee